It was a rainy day in Tacoma as EvCC competed at the Shotwell Invitational hosted by the University of Puget Sound. Though the weather was not optimal for performance several Trojans had strong showings including an NWAC leading time, two event wins, and multiple potential championship qualifiers. Both the men's teams and the women's team's finished 4th in total team points.
Men's Team Highlights:
Scored 77 points to take 4th place as a team
Scottie Miller threw 34' 9.75" in the shot put to take 6th overall, ranking him 23rd in the NWAC.
- In the Men's 100, Dimeji Adekanbi hit the NWAC auto qualifier, running a personal best of 10.87 to take second by .07 seconds. He also ran the 200m, recording a time of 22.50 for second. He is currently ranked #1 and #2 in the NWAC, respectively. Teammate Langston Barlow took 3rd overall in the 100, running 11.31 to win his heat, as well as 23.74 in the 200m to take 8th. He is currently ranked 7th and 22nd respectively.
- Sadath Aboudou had a strong season opener for the Trojans to win his heat in the 200m with a 23.25, placing him 4th overall. He is currently ranked 15th in the NWAC. Aboudou also competed in the long jump, hitting a mark of 21' 0" to take 2nd overall. This jump puts him 14th on the NWAC list.
- The men's 4x100 team won by nearly a second, running 43.68 to rank 4th in the NWAC.
- Tim Mandzyuk and Galmo Said competed in the men's 1500, running 4:20.55 and 4:24.53 for 7th and 9th. They are currently ranked 6th and 14th in the NWAC.
- Isaiah Funston ran 53.17 for 3rd in the 400m and came back to run 2:08.64 in the 800m for 8th place.
- Greg Panther ran 2:02.59 in the men's 800 good for second place and 9th on the NWAC list.
- The men's 4x400m ran a season best time of 3:40.72 for 5th place, ranking them 9th in the NWAC.
Women's Team Highlights:
Scored 44 points to take 4th place as a team
- Freshman Grace Wright in the Discus, throwing 108' 3" for 4th place which ranks her 7th in the NWAC. This mark also puts her 5th on the EvCC All-Time list.
- Taylor Dewing ran a season's best time in the 100mHH, placing 2nd with a 16.42 which puts her 4th on the NWAC list. She also won the women's long jump with a season's best of 16' 3", ranking her 6th in the NWAC.
- Mamona Kahsai ran strong races in the 400m and 200m recording PR's in both. She ran 1:03.46 to win the 400, and 28.43 in the 200m for 4th. She is ranked 7th and 14th respectively.
- Maylynn Cendejas doubled in the 1500m and 800m, running 5:49.74 and 2:53.05 for 6th in both.
The Trojan Track and Field program will compete next this coming weekend at the Jay Hammer Invitational Hosted by Saint Martin's University.