The Trojans put together two dominate performances on the road yesterday in Mt. Vernon against Skagit Valley College. EvCC jumped out to an early lead in the First game in the very 1st inning, scoring 5 runs and then adding another 3 in the top of the sixth. Skagit was able to muster two runs in the bottom of the sixth, but Everett shut the door in the 7th to win 8-2, on a clean defensive game featuring no errors for EvCC and one for SVC.
- Megan Parsley, 2 for 2 with an RBI and 2 base on balls
- Cathy Zaragoza, 1 for 4 with 2 RBI's and pitched all 7 innings with 2 earned runs and 13 strikeouts.
- Lizzy Dillard, 1 for 3 with 2 RBI's
- Shaley Salis, 2 for 3 with 2 RBI's
Game 2 was a close 4-4 ball game through 3 innings, until the Trojans exploded for 6 runs in the top of the 4th inning which was enough to seize permanent control of the game and go on to win 12-5. It was again a clean defensive game for Everett with no errors, and offensively produced a season high 20 hits and tied their season high of 12 runs scored.
- Megan Parsley, 4 for 5 with 3 runs scored, 3 RBI's, and a Home Run, her 8th of the year
- Brittnee Harvil, 3 for 5, scored a run and drove in 2
- Shaley Salis, 2 for 4 with 2 RBI's and a run scored
- Cassidy Conrad, 2 for 4 tying a season high 4 RBI's including a 2 run home run. Also pitched 7 innings with 5 earned runs, and struck out 8
Everett improves their North Region record to 5-13 with still 14 games remaining and currently hanging on to a top 16 RPI ranking which would get them into post season play. Their next scheduled games are against Pierce College who is 1-11 in North Region play.