STUDENT-ATHLETE CONDUCT CODE
A student-athlete enrolled in Everett Community College assumes a responsibility to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the college’s functions as an educational institution. As members of Everett Community College, student-athletes are expected to abide by all college rules and regulations.
Disciplinary actions and/or sanctions may be imposed on a student for the commission of any of the following offenses:
- Academic cheating, fabrication, facilitating academic dishonesty, or plagiarism.
- Furnishing false information to the college with the intent to deceive including but not limited to the filing of a formal complaint that falsely accuses another student of violating the student conduct code or a college employee with violating college rules/ procedures.
- Forgery, alteration, or misuse of college documents, records or identification cards.
- Assault, threat, verbal abuse, physical abuse, sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, sexual assault, reckless endangerment, intimidation, bullying, stalking, or interference of another person in the college community on college owned or controlled property, college housing or at functions sponsored or supervised by the college or its student organizations/clubs.
- Unlawful discrimination including hate crimes and/or bias incidents.
- Vandalism of college property, theft or conversion of another’s property on college owned or controlled property, in college housing or at functions sponsored or supervised by the college or its student organizations or clubs.
- Lewd or indecent conduct occurring on college owned or controlled property, in college housing, or at functions sponsored or supervised by the college or its student organizations or clubs.
- Possession or consuming any form of liquor or alcoholic beverage on college property, in college housing or at off-campus college events is prohibited except as a participant of legal age at a program which has the special written permission of the college president.
- Illegal possession, consumption, selling, or distributing, or being demonstrably under the influence of any substance (including marijuana) as defined by RCW 69.50.101 as now or hereafter amended on property owned or controlled by the college, in college housing or at functions sponsored or supervised by the college except when the use or possession of a drug is specifically prescribed as medication by an authorized doctor or dentist. For the purpose of this rule, “sale” shall include the statutory meaning defined in RCW 69.50.410 as now or hereafter amended.
- Disorderly or abusive conduct, including conduct resulting from being under the influence of drugs or alcohol on college owned or controlled property, in college housing or at functions sponsored or supervised by the college. Disorderly or abusive conduct also includes interfering with the right of others or obstructing or disrupting teaching, research, or administrative functions including failure to abide by the directive(s) of a member of the college faculty, or exempt, administrative, or classified staff who is acting in their capacity as an agent of the college.
- Gambling on property owned or controlled by the college, in college housing or at functions sponsored or supervised by the college or its student organizations/clubs.
- Violation of any condition imposed by the chief student affairs officer or designee or recommended by the student conduct committee for an infraction of which sanctions may be imposed under this code.
- Refusal to provide positive identification (e.g., valid driver’s license or state identification card) in appropriate circumstances to any college employee in the lawful discharge of said employee’s duties.
- Entering any administrative or other employee office that is normally not accessible to the public or any locked or otherwise closed college facility in any manner, at any time, without permission of the college employee or agent in charge thereof.
- Tobacco use is prohibited in or on any college facility or property. Everett Community College (EvCC) is a tobacco free campus as described in WAC 132E-120-410.
- Failure to comply with the following rules governing firearms and weapons on campus, in campus housing or at college sponsored events in facilities leased or rented by the college:
- Carrying, exhibiting, displaying, or drawing any weapon, such as a slung shot, sling shot, club, metal knuckles, dagger, sword, stun gun, or swing blade knife, or any knife of which is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by force of gravity, or by outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement, or any other cutting or stabbing instrument or club or any other weapon apparently capable of inflicting bodily harm and/or property damage is prohibited.
- Explosives, incendiary devices, or any weapon facsimile are prohibited.
- Carrying firearms is prohibited.
- The regulations in (p)(i) through (iii) of this subsection shall not apply to equipment or material owned or maintained by the college nor will they apply to law enforcement officers.
- Pets are prohibited on campus with certain exceptions for service animals as per pets and service animals on campus policy.
- False alarms. Falsely setting off or otherwise tampering with emergency safety equipment, alarm, or other device established for the safety of individuals and/or college owned or controlled facilities, or in college housing, is prohibited.